We Have Moved.
Please visit our most recent blog posts at: http://www.uwgnh.org/blog
October 7, 2008
Food insecurity unfortunately impacts our community everyday, leaving many families having to choose between paying for food, rent or utilities. To that end, UWGN convened an Emergency Food Ad Hoc Committee made up of community stakeholders to identify emergency food needs and resources in our community. Charged with recommending the most effective way to impact the region, the Ad Hoc committee asked UWGNH to partner with representatives from food pantries and soup kitchens in the Dixwell, Newhallville and Highwood neighborhoods around ways to build the organizational capacity of emergency food providers in order to improve access to food. Representatives from the Ministry of Helps Foundation, St. Martin De Porres, God’s Miracle Unlimited Outreach Ministry, Community Soup Kitchen, Varick Church, St. Andrew’s Food Pantry, Village of Power, Glorified Deliverance Center Church and Love Center Deliverance Ministry came together on October 6, 2008 at the Varick Church to begin discussions of how best to ensure that all families in our region are food secure.
See Channel 8 Video Here
- National Make a Difference Day in Guilford
- College to Community Book Drive Collects 5,000 Chi...
- United Way Healthy Baby Diaper Drive Collected Ove...
- One Community, One Voice: A Benefit Concert for Sh...
- Civic Engagement Conversation
- Thoughts on Living United
- Greater New Haven Performs Acts of Kindness
- One Community, One Voice
- Too Scared To Scream- Fright Haven
- United Way Calls Together Emergency Food Ad Hoc Co...
- 211 Call Data Shows Rising Requests for Energy Ass...
- ▼ October (11)
- ► 2007 (31)